Every aspect of your job search should be strategic. You can use QR codes strategically to consolidate all information about yourself into one digital place. You can insert your QR code on your resume, on your business card, in your signature on Email, on your LinkedIn profile, and Facebook page. People scanning the QR code will have access to the information you want them to see, such as
- Contact information
- Top Google citations, all in one place, verified so you can be sure the citations reflect you positively. In this way you control to a certain extent what the viewer sees and learns about you.
- Links to your website and other Internet locations that display or reference your work product
- LinkedIn profile, particularly a way to offer the viewer insight into the contacts you have in common
What are the advantages for you as a job seeker?
- Your personal QR code can make you look like a technical wizard, whether you actually are technically oriented or not. You will look like you understand the latest technology, whether you do or not.
- You can control what the viewer sees about you to make sure you show yourself in the best possible light.
- Your personal information is consolidated in one place.
What does QR information look like?
Perhaps you are curious about what someone sees when they click on your QR code. We recommend getting your QR code through a service that is designed for job seekers. This is a screen print of what shows on a mobile phone when you scan my QR code.
The QR code puts your contact information into the hands of people who want to connect with you, enhancing networking possibilities which increases the chances to find the job you love.
Your personal QR code notifies you when someone is looking at your profile, giving you feedback about which companies and individuals are interested in you. Then you can follow up. You can see which elements of your job search strategy are most effective.
If you want a QR code of your own, Contact Katherine Burik or Dan Toussant at The Interview Doctor, Inc. to get started! In the meantime, check out our QR codes!
Check out our white paper on QR Codes: